Walk to the Pisciadú waterfalls in Colfosco
Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
Waterfalls PisciadùPhoto: Alta Badia/Andre Schoenherr, Alta Badia Tourism Cooperative
This easy walk through sunny meadows and thin woodland takes you over bridges and babbling streams to the foot of the mighty Sella massif, where the Pisciadú waterfall tumbles down over the rocks. The easy walk is also ideal for families with children.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Go north from the car park at the Boé cable car, until you reach the road leading from Corvara to Colfosco. Follow the eponymous route which gently climbs to the river Pisciadú, after the campsite. After entering Val de Misdé, take the marked path no. 28 until you reach an enchanting meadow area at the very foot of the Grup dl Sela (boulders, larches, benches, streams, shelters). Walking on the path, climb up a little way towards the Sella walls, and you will come to the Pisciadú waterfall (1730 m).
Back now to the junction by the enclosure. On a slightly uphill path, bearing left, you will pass close to the Rönn farm but keep following signs for "Cascades", until you come to the indicated bus stop at Hotel Luianta in Colfosco and head back to Corvara.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A 13 and the A 22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St.Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A 22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 Km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 Km (via Brunico) – 100 Km
- Connection train station – Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich – 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo – 180 / 200 km
- Verona – 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 /400 km
- Information airport transfer: www.suedtirolbus.it - www.cortinaexpress.it
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others