On this tour we’ll hear stories about Alice and what her Lyndhurst was like, see where the village meets the Forest at the famous Bolton’s Bench and learn more about the high street and the historic Queen’s House. The tour finishes with a visit to the impressive St Michael and All Angels Church, to see the tomb of the Hargreaves family where Alice is buried.
During the course of the audio tour, we’ll have to negotiate Lyndhurst’s busy high street which means not walking and listening at the same time, and also being very aware of the traffic and other pedestrians around you - you’ll need to remove your headphones before setting off to the next stop.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.