The 63.2km long easy to intermediate cross-country trail covers the whole of Salzburger Sportworld.
Distance 70.7 km
The Tauern cross-country ski trail has easy as well intermediate sections, is gently rolling, diverse and is suitable for every fitness level and style. What make this trail truly special is that is joins the 6 towns in the region, with a start point at each of these towns. Tauern cross-country ski trail can be done in manageble chucks or our fitter guests can take on the whole route. It also joins on to the local trails and passes huts open for refreshments. From the Tauern cross-country ski trail you can link to every trail in Altenmarkt making it easy to create a variety of circular tours. For instance taking the trail up by Hacklbauer farm to maximise your views over Altenmarkt and Dachstein or cruising around in the valley meadows past the Therme Amade.
Update: December 06, 2021
Tips and hints
Getting thereTauern motorway (A10), Altenmarkt exit (63) then Altenmarkt west, into Altenmarkt to the High St., turn left to the marketplace, through the marketplace, take 2nd road right (Römerstrasse)
Parkingpark at the school
33T 381285 5248189
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view