At the foot of the majestic Sasso Croce in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fanes-Senes-Braies Nature Park we find the Armentara meadows. With breathtaking views of rare beauty and wide expanses of white snow as far as the eye can see, winter here warms hearts.
Three different cross-country skiing trails have been created in these immense meadows and can be reached within a few minutes' drive. At the hamlet of La Cialciara above Furnacia, just outside the village of La Val, there is a large car park from where, with a walk of about 20 minutes, you can reach the start of the slopes.
- Coming from Innsbruck: take the A13 and the A22 toll motorway and exit at Bressanone/Brixen, following the signs to Brunico/Bruneck along the Val Pusteria/Pustertal road as far as San Lorenzo/St. Lorenzen. Follow the signs to Val Badia/Gadertal
- Coming from Verona-Bolzano: take the A22, exit at Bressanone/Brixen and continue as above
The nearest train stations are:
- Brunico - 37 km
- Bolzano (via Passo Gardena) - 72 km (via Brunico) - 100 km
- Connection train station - Alta Badia by the local bus SAD: www.sad.it
- Innsbruck - 130 km
- Munich - 330 km
- Venice Treviso / Venice Marco Polo - 180 / 200 km
- Verona - 213 km
- Milan Bergamo / Milan Malpensa - 310 / 400 km
Book recommendations for this region: