Enjoy sporty skating with a fabulous mountain vista on the approximately one-kilometre circuit.
There are two routes to the cross-country trail from the mountain station of the Riederalp Mitte cable car: either follow the path opposite the station that leads up past an isolated chalet, or head west as far as Hotel Riederhof and take the small road to the right of the hotel. Do your laps in the skating style on this one-kilometre cross-country ski trail, and feast your eyes on the magnificent mountains.
There is no charge for using the Bux cross-country ski trail!
AuthorAletsch Arena AG
Updated: April 14, 2021
- The use of the trails is at your own risk.
- Use only marked trails and follow all markings and signs - for your own safety, for the protection of the landscape and in respect of wildlife.
- Be considerate towards other cross-country skiers.
- Every cross-country skier, especially on downhill runs, must adapt speed and behaviour to his ability and visibility.
- In classic running tracks and on the piste for free running technique, you run on the right side of the piste with an appropriate safety distance to the front runner.
- If you stop, you step out of the cross-country ski run.
- Weather conditions in the mountains can change very quickly and without warning. Appropriate clothing is very important.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTake Kantonsstrasse 19 to the Mörel-Filet exit, then follow signs for the parking facilities. Proceed on foot to the Riederalp cable car (Aletsch Bahnen AG), which takes you up to Riederalp.
- Limited parking spaces (charges apply) at Mörel-Filet station. Further parking options are signposted.
- Large pay multi-storey car parks at the entrance to Mörel-Filet and in the village centre.
32T 425549 5136509
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
- Good cross-country skiing material
- Weatherproof (waterproof and windproof) warm clothing and headgear
- Good sun protection, even in cloudy weather. UV rays at high altitudes can be very strong, especially in winter.
Push the arrows to change the view