A tour of about 50 minutes through the town of Schladming, taking you to historic buildings and sites. The audio guide app "Story2Go Schladming" accompanies you on the way.
The walk through the old town of Schladming takes you past historic buildings and sites, which are often connected with the mining history of Schladming. Also, the tour takes you to popular places of the more recent history, such as the Planai stadium, being the finishing area at the Alpine Ski World Championships in 1982 and 2013. With the "Story2Go Schladming" app (available in the Play and App Store) you can also be guided through the town by a story - a second small tour in Obertal around the nickel smelting furnace is also included.
The walk takes you to the following buildings and sites (among others):
- Planai stadium
- Schladming town hall & Rathaus park containing several memorials
- "Alte Post" - today the Posthotel Schladming, being the oldest inn in town
- Remnants and ruins of Schladming's town wall and fortification
- Protestant church of Schladming, Peter & Paul
- "Bruderladehaus" - today the town museum
- Salzburger Tor - the last remaining one of the formerly 3 town gates
- Catholic church of Schladming, St. Achatz
- Anna chapel Schladming with historic tomb slabs
- Main square Schladming (pedestrian area)
Safety informationBasically, the tour is possible year-round. However, especially the section from the trail head Wild Waters at Kraiter car parking to the viewing platform above the Talbach river at Talbachklamm can be slippery during the winter months due to the constantly high humidity coming from the river in the gorge. Please be especially careful!
Tips and hints
App-Store-Download "Story2Go Schladming"
Google-Play Download "Story2Go Schladming"
- Website of the township of Schladming containing interesting historic information:
- Website of the town museum Schladming:
- Schladming-Dachstein FROM ABOVE - 360° drone images with bird's eye view of Schladming:
- Tourist information of the Schladming Tourist Office:
Getting thereFrom federal highway B320 take exit "Schladming-Ost". Continue to the roundabout (Spar/Salewa Mountain Shop) and take the 2nd exit. After about 50 m make a left onto parking lot "P3".
Parking lot "P3" (fee), directly at Rathausplatz square.
Buses can also park here.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
- Hiking or trekking shoes with grip sole, jacket.
- The trail is also suitable for prams.
- Audio guide app "Story2Go Schladming" for your smartphone.
- 23 Waypoints
- 23 Waypoints