- Palm Garden Weir: Danger to life! It is essential to keep your distance.
- Use of locks: Please follow the instructions for use!
- Südlicher Auwald: To protect the valuable natural area, please observe the 10 rules for navigating the watercourses and only land at the designated places and be careful of the minimum water level (> 30 cm).
Tips and hints
Facts about course 1
Length: approx. 11 km, completely navigable
Locks: 2, passenger shipping has priority
Transfer: not necessary
Navigability: upstream and downstream
Fully usable for: Canoe / LeipzigBoot or boats adapted to the watercourse
Can be used in sections: Rowing boat (Elster and Pleiße flood canal, Pleiße, lakes) / Sailing boat (lakes) / Passenger boat (lakes, Elster millrace, Elster and Pleiße flood bed).
Navigation on the canal is only permitted from 11 am - 1 pm, 3 pm - 6 pm and 8 pm – 10 pm daily during the kingfisher breeding season from March 1 - September 30.
Further watercourses and information on the tourist waterway network in the Leipziger Neuseenland can be found at www.gewaesserverbund.de.
ParkingParking spaces are available (for a fee) at both the Leipzig city harbor and the Zöbigker/Cospudener See harbor.
Basic Equipment for Canoeing
- Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Durable, hard-soled footwear that allows water to pass through (preferably with neoprene uppers) Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Buoyant kit bag and dry bags
- Sun hat
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Mosquito spray
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Quick-drying towel
Technical Equipment for Canoeing
- 5 fathom long rope or chain in good condition and suitable for docking
- Measuring cup or sponge with a capacity of at least 1 liter
- Portable navigation light
- Knee pads
- Yoke (with pads)
- Emergency floating throw line (with bag)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.