Where there used to be factories and workshops, today you can marvel at the renovated industrial architecture, artists' and trendy neighborhoods from the water. If you don't have your own canoe, you can rent one at one of the many rental stations or discover Leipzig from a surprisingly different perspective on a passenger boat.
Course 7 can also be navigated by canoeists as a circular course. All that is required is to transfer the boat in front of the Großzschocher weir at the Leipziger Kanu-Club e. V. club grounds.
Tips and hints
Facts about course 7
Length: about 8,9 km
Transfer: 1x at canoe round trip below division weir Großzschocher
Completely usable for: Canoe
Can be used in sections for: LeipzigBoot or water-adapted boats/rowing boats/passenger boats - Elstermühlgraben, Stadtelster downstream below Pistorissteg/height Hüfferstraße, Elster flood bed
Further water hiking courses and information on the tourist waterway network in the Leipziger Neuseenland can be found at www.gewaesserverbund.de.
Basic Equipment for Canoeing
- Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Durable, hard-soled footwear that allows water to pass through (preferably with neoprene uppers) Neoprene wetsuit and socks of suitable thickness
- Buoyancy aid (PFD)
- Buoyant kit bag and dry bags
- Sun hat
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Mosquito spray
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Quick-drying towel
Technical Equipment for Canoeing
- 5 fathom long rope or chain in good condition and suitable for docking
- Measuring cup or sponge with a capacity of at least 1 liter
- Portable navigation light
- Knee pads
- Yoke (with pads)
- Emergency floating throw line (with bag)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.