The almost 60 km long Parthe-Mulde cycling route runs along the small Parthe River between the cities of Leipzig and Grimma. As a connection between the 'Elsterradweg' and the 'Mulderadweg', the route offers an exciting sequence of different settlements and natural landscapes. One of its special features is an extensive park network. In addition to numerous idyllic parks, the Parthenaue, which is rich in species, also holds many unexpected discoveries. Fascinating art objects and buildings worth seeing from past centuries invite you to explore and linger.
Due to the low differences in altitude, the Parthe-Mulde cycle route is particularly suitable for families or inexperienced cyclists. It invites you to a leisurely bike ride that can also be mastered by everybody.
It is worth taking a short detour to the Kirchbruch Beucha, which provided the basic material for the Monument to the Battle of the Nations in Leipzig.
By the way, from a bird's eye perspective, you can see it being shaped like a heart.
Tips and hints
Parthe-Mulde cycling route on leipzig.region.travel
Parking garage at the main station or parking garage at the zoo Leipzig
Karl-Liebknecht-Straße or parking lot at the train station
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.