“Neuseenland” Cycle Route
LEIPZIG REGION Verified partner Explorers Choice
Neuseenland-Route am Markkleeberger SeePhoto: Szymon Nitka, LEIPZIG REGION
- If the tour takes too long, just switch to the bus: The bus line 106 (Markkleeberg - Wachau - Probstheida/Auenhain - Störmthaler lake - Böhlen) now also has a bicycle trailer (website in German language)!
- There are many possibilities to take a break by the water. So, pack your swimwear!
- E-bike charging stations are located at the “Bergbau-Technik-Park” (mining technology park), at St. Laurentiuskirche church in Pegau and at the Zwenkau harbour.
Rest stopsRestaurant Seeperle im Seepark Auenhain
VINETA-Bistro am Störmthaler See
Biergarten am Hafen Pier 1
Safety informationPlease use the public bathing areas.
And please note the route deviations under “Current Info”.
Tips and hintsLeipzig Tourismus and Marketing GmbH
Tel +49 (0) 341 7104 260
Trail conditions: The route with only a little height difference mainly consists of separate bicycle paths, dirt roads and forest tracks. Please note that parts of the route can be covered with gravel and crushed stones.
- Lakeside path Haselbacher Lake: Route sections with pebbles/crushed stone
- Departure from “Speicher Borna”: Ramp with steps
Public-transport-friendlyMarkkleeberg: Markkleeberg station: S-Bahn (urban railway)
Pegau: Pegau station: Train
By roadConnection to the motorways A38 and A72
ParkingVarious parking possibilities:
North shore of the Cosspudener Lake
Author’s map recommendations
Unterwegs mit dem Rad, 21 Touren rund um Leipzig Region, Leipzig Tourismus und Marketing GmbH
PublicPress cycling and hiking map Leipziger Neuseenland - Südlicher Teil
Doktor Barthel hiking and cycling maps: Leipzig und Umgebung, Grüner Ring Leipzig
Cycling map: Leipziger Neuseenland, grünes Herz
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentPack your swimwear and sunscreen!
- 58 Waypoints
- 58 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others