Via Vella (1,244m asl), the journey continues through the valley to Morissen, where the route’s last ascent awaits you. Via the small chapel Sogn Carli, you’ll get to the Mountain Inn Bündner Rigi. At 1618 altitude, a magical view of the Val Lumnezia and the Rheinschlucht (Rhine gorge) will surprise you. Enjoy the winding descent towards Luven (998m above sea level), before you end the gravel bike day in Ilanz (699m above sea level), the first city on the Rhine.
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.