An e-bike tour up into the vineyards - in combination with routes on the "Maare-Mosel-Radweg" and "Moselradweg".
Distance 21.5 km
Vines galore ! Suitable for e-bike beginners as a taster tour as well as for sporty touring cyclists, with great views of the Moselle valley, the winegrowing villages and the vineyards of the region.Insights into the tour:The short circular tour starts in the district of Kues, leads into a glacial valley of the Moselle, then along a former railway line (part of the "Maare-Mosel-Radweg") back to the present-day course of the Moselle. The "Moselradweg" (main route) then follows the banks of the Moselle from Mülheim back to Bernkastel-Kues. Along the cycle route there are great views and nice places to stop in the Moselle villages of Kues, Lieser, Maring-Noviand, Mülheim, Andel and Bernkastel. One of the highlights along the way is the detour to "Heldensicht" - the "Most Beautiful Wine View 2020" in the Moselle wine-growing region. You can also look forward to a water treading basin at the Siebenborn Monastery, which provides refreshment especially on hot summer days.
Take a short detour to the "Most beautiful wine view Moselle 2020" and enjoy a nice break here with a great view of the Moselle valley.
Update: September 15, 2021
Getting thereJourney to Bernkastel-Kues
ParkingParking facilities are available in Bernkastel-Kues on both banks of the Moselle
32U 361346 5531108
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Bike Riding
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Bike Riding
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view