Follow cycling nodes and discover the beautiful Frankenbach Valley. The beauty of nature will be worth your efforts to cycle off - RAVeL. In total 28,4 km off-RAVeL from which 2 km off-road.
Distance 60.5 km
After a warming-up of about 11 km on the flat and traffic-free RAVeL, you dive into the forests that lead to the Frankenbach valley. Following the nodes, you leave the beautiful valley behind and look for the panoramas near Herresbach. Here you will encounter the hardest and steepest slope (at km 30). The ride goes up and down the hilly Eifel region and finally you return to Bütgenbach via the RAVeL. Places of interest along this route are: witnesses and information boards about the former railway lines, the Frankenbach valley, typical Eifel villages (Herresbach, Meyerode, Medell), the Born railway bridge, the Montenau ham smokehouse, the former Waimes railway station.
For more information about the start and the end: cfr website Tourist Info Bütgenbach: http://www.butgenbach.info
Safety informationCheck the hunting calendar if you ride the route in autumn or winter.
Tips and hints
- If you go straight on for about 300 metres at node 26 instead of turning to the right, you will see a water tap that used to supply the steam trains with water.
- Stop for a moment at the information boards. Your ride will gain depth and be engraved in your memory.
- You can see Born's railway bridge from afar. Why not take a break here and take a look on top to enjoy the view?
- If you decide to visit the Montenau ham smokehouse, don't forget your bicycle lock ;-)
- There is a covered picnic area at the former Waimes station.
Getting thereFor more information about getting at the start and the end: cfr website Tourist Info Bütgenbach: http://www.butgenbach.info
ParkingThere is enough parking. For more information about parking possibilities: cfr website Tourist Info Bütgenbach: http://www.butgenbach.info
32U 302078 5589788
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentA good bicyle. Not for race bikes (2 km off-road)
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view