While cycling in the Vangrøft Valley, you'll see a considerable number of sheep and cattle that graze in the beautiful lush meadows with diverse species. This protected conservation area is also home to cultural monuments, historical settlements, and generations of farms and pastures.
The trip takes you across many areas in the valley, ending at Utistuvollen Mountain Cafe. The cafe is a protected 19th-century structure, that serves mountain pasture farm food in a traditional manner. Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch or dinner while listening to the beautiful sounds of cow and sheep bells and enjoying the view.
- Inatur.no has many options (search for Dalsbygda)
- Dalsbygda.no (apartments are available in the center)
- Henningsmoen Gård is a farmhouse that dates back to the early 1700s. For more information about booking visit this website.
- You can pitch a tent at Fosskleiva, just make sure you follow "Right to Roam" rules.
Tips, hints and links
- Free parking at Løvli
- Picnic area/nature camp with toilet and benches at Fosskleiva
- Utistuvollen Seterkafe, is a 19th-century cafe that is open on Saturdays and Sundays in the summer. There are also activities for children on the pitcher. See bergfolge.no.
- Fishing in the Vangrøfta river. Information about fishing licenses can be found on the boardwalk at Løvli and on fishspot.no.
Follow Road 572 north of Dalsbygda center. Turn left (signposted towards Vangrøftdalen) at the crossing in Vangen. From Vangenkrysset it is approximately 4.5 km to the toll road at Løvli. Upon paying the small toll, it's possible to park on the grassy area to the left of the road.
You can also arrive from the city center of Dalsbygda, via Os, Røros or Vingelen. It is recommended to cycle along the main "highway" Road 753 to and through Dalsbygda up to Vangen. During the ride, you'll have amazing views of the village and the surrounding mountains.