The historical town centre of Turckheim is the starting point of this itinerary which takes you to Sigolsheim via Katzenthal, another village in the wine-growing hills overlooked by a castle.
Distance 20.2 km
After this first castle, you will find a guard tower at the entrance to Ammerschwihr, before coming to Kientzheim where you can walk along the rampart and admire the Town Hall and the murals in the village. Finally, Kaysersberg (with its historical town centre and castle) are well worth a detour.
On your way back, you ride past meadows and the river Fecht, then take country paths in the Waldeslust forest and on to the centre of Ingersheim. You can admire the dovecote in Marbach Park and the Fleck Villa.
Return to Turckheim by the same route.
Update: August 31, 2020
32U 371921 5327383
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentBefore you leave:
- Make sure that the bike is in perfect mechanical condition, not to mention the tires and brakes
- Make sure that the bike is correctly adjusted to your body shape
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended
- Take a repair kit with you
- Remember that the Highway Traffic Act applies to cyclists in all circumstances
- Never drive more than two lanes at a time and pull into a single lane when traffic conditions require.
- Respect other users as you would like them to respect you
- Choose a route adapted to your physical abilities
- Inform your family and friends of your itinerary
- Find out about the weather conditions
- A first aid kit is not essential, but can be very useful
- Be informed and keep the emergency numbers.
- Respect the environment by not throwing your food packaging on the side of the road
- If you have to return at nightfall, make sure you see and also be seen
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view