Safety informationA list of any currently closed route sections and relevant detours, e.g. due to roadworks, can be found here.
Tips and hintsMosellandtouristik GmbH
Telephone +49 (0)6531/97330
A review of your Outdooractive tour experience would be great. This gives us valuable feedback and helps others to plan their own tours. Thanks!
Suggestions, observations or something that isn't quite right? Get in touch with us via email at: email@example.com
(www.radwanderland.de - responsible for the infrastructure and route descriptions in the Rhineland Palatinate section).
Getting thereStarting point: Perl A 8 (AS Perl) or via the B 419
Destination: Nittel via the B 419
ParkingAmple free parking options at Perl train station
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentA smartphone to access the audio tour "Lauschpunkte am Mosel-Radweg": Get to know the Moselle region via a series of listening stop-off points. 40 listening stations between Perl and Koblenz encourage you to take a closer look and guide you to surprising discoveries along the way. The “Lauschtour” audio tour app can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Remember to take your cycle tour book and your camera.
Basic Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Bicycle Touring
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Spoke wrench
- Zip ties
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- Luggage system as required for length of journey: panniers with racks
- Handlebar / frame / saddle bags
- Mudguards recommended
- Tent (3- or 4-season)
- Stove (including fuel and utensils)
- Sleeping mat. Sleeping bag with suitable temperature rating.
- Toiletries and medication
- Toilet paper
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Alpine club membership card if applicable / ID
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.