The Hülfe Gottes Erbstolln adit below the Aschergraben claim has been in use several times since 1749, each time with the aim of extracting ore. At the same time it drained the pit water from levels below the Tiefen-Bünau-Stolln adit. After re-establishment the adit still serves as drainage facility at present day.
The Hülfe Gottes Erbstolln below the Aschergraben claim has been in use several times since 1749, each time with the aim of extracting ore. The Gottes Gnade mine advanced the Tiefe Hilfe Gottes Stolln adit from 1840 in order to develop the Zinnwald mines deeper. As a result the adit drained the mines on levels below the Tiefer-Bünau-Stolln adit. It was driven further by counter excavation when the mines merged to form the “Vereinigt Zwitterfeld zu Zinnwald” union in 1852. By 1868, the adit had reached a length of around 1,800 m, and served to drain the pit water from the Zinnwald mines on the Saxon side, until mining ceased in 1945. In the context of further development of the adit the mouth was rebuilt in 1917. This became necessary as a result of sand-bottomings along the Aschergraben manmade ditcht at the same time.
After mining ceased, the adit was no longer maintained, and some of its sections collapsed. To ensure mine water could be reliably drained from the Zinnwald district, the Saxon Chief Mining Office commissioned for the now dilapidated Tiefer-Hilfe-Gottes-Stolln adit to be cleared out between 2007 and 2011, and re-established it as a mine drainage facility. The portal provides access to the Tiefer Hilfe Gottes Stolln adit, simultaneously marking the end point of the extension added around 1917. The extension was made by using cast concrete and reaches almost as far as the Häuerwasser stream bed. The brickwork on the portal sheathing is plastered. The adit’s waterway consists of rubble stone, with low walls on each side.