The synagogue community of Zell includes the neighbouring villages of Zell Hamms, Pünderich, Briedel, Zell, Merl, Bullay, Alf, Bad Bertrich (up to 80 members in total, as of 1925), whose professions were: merchants, butchers, watchmakers, cloth merchants, innkeepers, wine merchants, tailors.
Synagogue Zell (Mosel)
In 1849 the Chief Executive at that time, Alexander Moritz, sold the upper floors of the domestic house belonging to the Electoral Palace to the Jewish Community of Briedel-Zell. As the community was growing steadily the space had become limited by the mid-1920s. It was then decided to create more space in the interior of the synagogue and a women’s gallery was added. During this extension work a starry sky and a Thora stone were added. The “Circle of Friends of the Synagogue in Zell” has now succeeded in converting the place of worship into a memorial and to make it open to the public. The synagogue is in Zell, Jakobstraße 11.