On the hill overlooking the Latrun police station and the heart of the Armored Corps site, a monument was erected to commemorate the soldiers of the Alexandroni Brigade.
Fighters who fell in battle to conquer Latrun in 1948. The monument was established at the initiative of the Alexandroni Brigade, and with the help of the KKL-JNF, which funded and strengthened the site. These organizations transformed the monument into a site that attracts thousands of civilians and soldiers throughout the year. The monument's contribution is to preserving the legacy of the War of Independence, a long war, a hard and cruel war that claimed over 6,000 victims, who ensured the establishment of the State of Israel.
Background: The Alexandroni Brigade was one of 12 brigades established by the Haganah during the War of Independence and served as the fighting force of the IDF. The Alexandroni Brigade received the number 3, it was established on December 1, 1947, and operated for almost two years until it was dismantled in the summer of 1949.
36S 685650 3546432
Arrival by train, car, foot or bike
Questions and answers
Ask the first question
Do you have questions regarding this content? Ask them here.