Most of the Korreweg district was built before the war, and the Korreweg road, to which the district owes its name, goes straight through it. The IndischeBuurt is located on one side of this road, and the Korreweg district is on the other side. Hence the district consists of two parts. The first houses were built from 1870 and the oldest streets of the district are in the area around where the Boterdiep crosses the Rodeweg. This is also where the earliest examples of social housing were realised, between 1909 and 1911. With a doubt the most striking building in the district is the Wiebengacomplex, named after the designer and civil engineer C.L.Wiebenga. The former school complex is one of the first buildings in the Netherlands to be constructed in the New Objectivity style of architecture.