The Benedictine Abbey of St Mauritius towers with its bright red roofs over the city of Clervaux. Built in 1909/1910 in the neo-Romanesque style, it was settled by the Benedictines of the French Abbey of St-Maur de Glanfeuil. Today the abbey houses about 12 monks and is not open to visitors. An interesting exhibition in the crypt shows monastic life, and the daily morning mass at 10:00 am in the church offers the opportunity to listen to the monks’ Gregorian chants. The adjacent souvenir shop sells books and art objects as well as on site homemade apple juice.