Mountain bike rides in Finland
Finland, with its untouched nature and wilderness, is predestined for mountain bike experiences. Enjoy the open fell landscape in Lapland, cycle in the peaceful forest trails or on the duckboards in the moorland areas – Finland offers varied routes and unique surroundings for beginners as well as the experienced mountain bikers.
Discover the best mountain biking trails in Finland
Mountain biking in the national parks
The Finnish national parks are particularly beautiful. Nature is specially protected here and is therefore very original. Some Finnish national parks have allowed mountain biking, so you can enjoy the well marked trails leading through the most beautiful natural landscapes of Finland. Remember to respect the surrounding nature and other people by following the guidelines and staying on the marked paths. Breathe in and let the two wheels carry you through the beauty of Finnish nature.
Photo: Visit Ylläs
Mountain bike paradise Lapland
Winter mountain biking
Winter is a great time to enjoy mountain biking on specially maintained winter routes. Riding through the snowy forests with fatbikes or electric fatbikes is a special experience. Lot of destination offer rental equipment and well maintained routes for winter cycling. The easiest way to experience the thrill of biking through the peaceful winter nature is to book a guided tour.
Photo: Mikko Nikkinen, Visit Finland
Finnish Lapland is known for hosting several annual mountain bike events that attract not just the locals. The Ylläs-Levi MTB race takes the participants through the wilderness of Lapland with Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park. In Pyhä and Luosto there is a festival for adventurous riders as well as families that takes the mountain bikers over a total distance of 140 km. In the Ruka Mountain competition, you can choose between 20 km, 40 km and 60 km long racecourses. Tahko MTB in Eastern Finland is the biggest mountaibike competition in Finland with over 2000 participants each year.
Photo: Natura Viva
- Arctic Lakeland Kainuu 8 mountain biking trails
- Central Finland 5 mountain biking trails
- Central Ostrobothnia 4 mountain biking trails
- Kanta-Häme 6 mountain biking trails
- Kymenlaakso 8 mountain biking trails
- Lappi 97 mountain biking trails
- Northern Lakeland 5 mountain biking trails
- Nothern Ostrobothnia 23 mountain biking trails
- Päijät-Häme 12 mountain biking trails
- South Karelia 12 mountain biking trails
- Southern Ostrobothnia 4 mountain biking trails
- Southern Savonia 8 mountain biking trails
- Southwest Finland 8 mountain biking trails
- Uusimaa 14 mountain biking trails