The winter activities trail network
Our digital trail network provides you with a valuable tool for planning winter routes. The network can be viewed as an additional layer on every map to show an overview of all your favorite winter sports activities.
The Digital Winter Sports activities Network
Ski runs, sledding slopes and cross-country trails on the map
The network for winter sports consists of a large number of individual sections. This includes classic winter hiking routes, but also cross-country trails, ski runs and routes for ski touring and snowshoe hiking.
In order to map these conditions as realistically and clearly as possible on the digital map, we display the trails in different ways:
- Ski runs (thick, blue, red and blak lines for for runs of varying levels of difficulty)
- Backcountry Skiing (long dashed orange lines)
- Ski touring (long dashed, light blue lines)
- Snowshoe hiking (short dashed, light blue lines with snowshoe walker symbol)
- Winter hiking (solid purple lines with winter hiker symbol)
- Sledging (solid, dark blue lines with sledge symbol)
- Cross-country skiing (double, blue, red and black lines for trails of varying levels of difficulty)
What is the application of the winter Sports Activities Network
The winter sports network can be placed on the map as an additional layer, enabling you to see all officially signposted routes, cross-country trails and ski runs at a glance.
The network plays a greater role in the route planner. An individual route network is stored in the system for different activites. This means that if you are planning to do something that falls under the description of “Winter Activities”, the routes suggested to you are automatically generated based on the relevant trail network.