The Outdooractive Program for Search & Rescue Teams
We support the valuable work of the many and often voluntary helpers of all search and rescue organizations worldwide by providing Outdooractive Pro service free of charge. We deliver free national mapping agency topographic maps to members of search and rescue teams across the world. Additionally, SAR teams get access to helpful Pro features for safer and more efficient work outdoors.
You will find all details about the program here.
Explore the maps & features
- Best available official Topo-maps and the unique Outdooractive map
- Offline usage for maps and routes
- Buddy Beacon to visualize the locations of the peers
- Smart Watch extension for iOS and android
- 3D maps view
- Up-to-date avalanche reports with warning levels
- Slope gradient map
- Coordinates support for DD, DMS, UTM and what3words
- Own organisation website
Setting up your team
Setting up the team from scratch might not be necessary. This applies...
- the members of your organization are already registered with Outdooractive Business. In this case, the team admin can set everything up.
- If your team was previously registered in Viewranger. In this case please contact support via this link by clicking on "Submit a request" at the bottom of the page.
How does the sign up work in detail?
Register yourself and your SAR team with a Outdooractive MyBusiness
- Register as the leader of your SAR team here.
- Please fill in all required fields and select "Search and Rescue Team" as the description of your organization.
- Activate your account via email.
For the quickest activation
- Under the tab "Description" add your team's contact information, social media profiles, homepage and a short description of your SAR team.
- Upload your SAR team logo under "Brand and Design".
- We will confirm your official SAR Team account, then you will get administrator rights. (Times vary based on workload)
Once you have created and finished your SAR team profile, publish it!
Add your team members to your SAR group (Also described in the 7 min video below)
- As soon as you have received the administrator role, you can independently "Create Users" for your team members. Where you can then assign them one of the 15 free Pro licenses.
- Note that you cannot create a user with an email that is currently being used for an Outdooractive account. (one email = one account)
- Create a user with a different email for that member.
- The member must accept your invitation by email.
- If members already have an Outdooractive Community account, an alternative e-mail address of the user/member must be used to create the Outdooractive Business account. If necessary, this can then be merged with the community account so that there is only one account (via the "Merge account" tab in the user settings). An adjustment to the email address of the business account can be made via the "Change email" tab. If you have an existing community subscription, please contact our support.
- If you have used all of your licenses and require more please contact support (Once logged into Mybusiness the bottom left under "Help")
What you agree to in return
- That you give the free Pro licenses including the map licenses only to bona fide members of the organization.
- That Outdooractive is allowed to mention your organization in its marketing materials, on its website and is allowed to place the logo of your SAR team on the Search and Rescue landing page of the Outdooractive website.
- Outdooractive reserves the right to reject license requests without giving reasons, especially if it believes that licenses are being granted to non-members or that the program is being abused in any way.
Video: Outdooractive Business