Kajaktour in den Sonnenuntergang
- 2,278 kayak trips
- 33,000 Community members
- 14,740 Tracks
- 77,513 km of trails
Explore Top Features
- Orientation: Plan, save, print and navigate routes for over 30 different activities
- Participation: Rate and review routes and accommodation
- Saving: Download the route's GPX data for use with our navigation system
Top regions not to miss
Requirements for kayaking
Generally speaking, it can be said that kayaking as a leisure activity is very easy. It can be started by anyone without any further requirements and can be practised by children as well as adults. However, to be able to paddle independently, children should not be younger than eight years of age.
Regardless of age, kayakers must of course be able to swim to reach the shore safely in case of capsize. Good swimmers are also obliged to wear a life jacket.
Kayaking in pairs
Paddling in pairs is teamwork. Before taking a direction, you should agree and coordinate with your partner. Clear instructions are important – statements like “Go that way” are not very helpful and can easily be misinterpreted. Therefore the following applies: Think first, then act together.
From the beginning you should try to paddle as a team and always execute the paddle strokes in the same rhythm. This will reduce wobbling and rocking movements and you will feel safer in the kayak.
Photo: CC0, pixabay.com
The 3 most important rules for kayaking
- Dress according to water temperature, not air temperature. In spring the waters can still be very cold, although the outside temperature is already pleasantly warm.
- Never hold on to the edge of the boat if you are in danger of capsizing.
- Do not go kayaking alone. In an emergency, help should be at hand.
Benefits and more
Benefit from Exclusive Offers from our Partners
As a Pro and Pro+ member not only do you have access to additional features and the best maps at your disposal, but you can also benefit from exclusive offers from our partners, ensuring you are always fully equipped for the outdoors!