Jotunheimen National Park
Jotunheimen is Norway’s most famous national park and home to the country’s tallest peaks, including Northern Europe’s highest mountain, Galdhøpiggen. The famous Besseggen Ridge alone draws tens of thousands of hikers every year.
Discover the region
- Jotunheimen means “home of the giants” and features many of Norway’s highest mountains
- Boats run across the Gjende and Bygdin lakes in summer, providing easy access deep into the park
- Cosy tourist cabins make multi-day backpacking trips, like the Jotunheimen Historical Route, an easy and popular option
- Direct buses operate daily from Oslo, driving as far as Leirvassbu lodge. There are good connections to Bergen and Lillehammer.
- The surrounding area is packed with opportunities for adventure, including glacier hikes, rafting, and horseback riding.