Muntele Băișorii, Cluj, Romania
Marisel - Tarnita
With a predominantly hilly and mountainous relief, the county of Cluj offers us a pleasant climate, of moderate continental type, being influenced by the vicinity of the Apuseni Mountains. Summers are hot, and winters are generally devoid of blizzards. The maximum altitudes are reached by the Vlădeasa and Muntele Mare massifs, with heights exceeding 1800 meters.
The numerous attractions of Cluj County qualify it as an ideal destination that offers multiple possibilities for spending quality time.
Discover the region
The county of Cluj has a high tourist potential, which is reflected in a wide range of leisure activities: hiking, mountaineering, mountainbiking, winter sports, children and youth camps, spa treatments, etc.
Among the areas and destinations of major tourist attractions we would like to mention
- Turda Salt Mine as a modern recreation and treatment destination
- The mountain Băişorii, a place for winter sports lovers
- The Trascăului mountains, particularly spectacular for their relief forms, imposing rocks and caves
- Băişoara, an area characterized by landscapes of extraordinary beauty, visited by lovers of hiking and winter sports
- Gilău - Tarniţa Lake district, which offers perfect conditions for recreation
- The area of the Belis-Fântânele lake, much sought after for the magnificent scenery offered by the lake and the surrounding mountains.
The "Alexandru Borza" Botanical Garden in Cluj-Napoca, one of the most famous and best organized in South-East Europe, offers a good opportunity to relax, but also to learn for many tourists, both national and international.
The wealth of monuments and historical destinations, as well as the architectural heritage, much of which is contained in national circles, is a clear and permanent source of tourist attractions.Last but not least, the tourist interested in history and culture can visit museums not only in Cluj-Napoca but also in the cities of Turda, Dej, Iclod.