Hiking in Slovenia
Rafting on the Savinja River
Mediterranean coast in Istria near Izola
Winter hike through the snowfields of Slovenia
ACTIVE HOLIDAYS IN SLOVENIA, THE GREEN HEART OF EUROPE
Slovenia was named the world's „greenest travel destination“ due to its sustainable principles - no wonder, as it is one of the greenest countries in the world and is also known as the „green heart of Europe“. As a connection between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea, the Pannonian Plain, and the Karst, it is a year-round outdoor travel destination. Hikers and cyclists enjoy the diversity of the landscape with its ancient forests, crystal clear waters, towering mountains, and the mysterious underworld. Untouched corners and extraordinary biodiversity await visitors from all over the world in Slovenia!
Activities in Slovenia
Destinations in Slovenia
Attractions in Slovenia
SAFETY, SUSTAINABILITY, UNIQUENESS – THIS IS SLOVENIA
With the global pandemic, travel health and safety have become more important than ever. The high hygiene requirements and recommendations for health protection are fully implemented in Slovenia under the „Green & Safe“ label and standards. In addition, Slovenia is one of the safest countries in the world and strives for a sustainable future. The original, unadulterated nature should also be preserved for future generations. Therefore, there is a wide range of traditional and local products and services, individual instead of mass tourism, and easy access to the country by car, bus, and train. The emphasis on local traditions, the extraordinary gastronomy with local ingredients, the untouched nature favors the concept of the „Boutique Destination“, which emphasizes the uniqueness of the regions and experiences in Slovenia.
Photo: Slovenia Tourist Board, Slovenia Tourist Board
365 DAYS OF EXCITEMENT
5 REASONS FOR AN OUTDOOR TRIP TO SLOVENIA
- Slovenia is a hiking paradise: with 10,000 km of well-maintained hiking trails that open low and hilly regions as well as low and high mountain ranges, families, and leisure holidaymakers, as well as ambitious mountaineers, will find their favorite type of trail here. For extra comfort, there is an extended network of mountain huts and hike hotels
- Unforgettable cycling experiences: Slovenia convinces mountain bikers, road cyclists, cyclists, and families with varied cycle paths, side roads, grandiose views and challenging bike & trail parks, long-distance trails and extra comfort can be found in many bike hotels.
- Water sports and adrenaline adventures are inevitable: white water rafting or kayak tour, a foray through mysterious Karst caves, a horse ride through green meadows, or an adrenaline-charged paragliding flight? None of this is a problem in Slovenia.
- Attention skiers and winter sports enthusiasts: you can be active 365 days a year in more than 10 large ski centers. Another 30 smaller ski areas complete the offer. There are numerous cross-country skiing and ski touring options.
- Idyllic nature in the green heart of Europe: The untouched nature with its mighty waterfalls, emerald green rivers, mysterious karst caves, and picturesque mountains is scattered all over the country.