Farm houses with barns are rare to find in the Walgau nowadays. This building, dating from 1841, has been largely preserved as regards its structures and materials. Inside, this complex structure of former farming operations has been converted into a multi-level exhibition hall with a striking spatial concept. In a radical realisation, all new installations are made of unfinished steel sheet.
Austrian Building Developers’ Award 2011
Design: Hansjörg Thum, 2010 Function: exhibition and museum